Here are 5 things you can do to prevent bed bugs from ruining your downtime.
Bed bugs are tiny brown insects that feed on the blood of animals and humans. Adult bed bugs have flat bodies and grow to the size of an apple seed, but once they’ve fed, their bodies swell and can even don a red color.
Contrary to popular belief, a home doesn’t become infested by these pests because of a person’s improper hygiene. Rather, a person unknowingly brings them into their home through clothing or luggage. They do not live on the skin or their host – they feed on you and move on.
Still, they are an annoying problem that creates a lot of unpleasant situations. Here are 5 things you can do to prevent bed bugs from ruining your downtime.
- If you’ve been traveling, take extra precautions – Since one of the main ways bed bugs enter your home is by hitching a ride through your clothes or luggage, take extra precautions when you get home from a trip and wash your clothes and bags right away.
- Declutter – Bed bugs usually hide through your home’s clutter until it’s feeding time, so don’t allow them to conceal themselves! This way, even if you do bring home some of these pests, it will be a lot easier to locate where they are and get rid of them.
- Regularly clean your bed – You probably wash your sheet routinely already – but the mattress also needs a good scrub now and then. Bed bugs, like their name suggests, love hiding in mattresses and attack when you’re going to sleep, ruining your rest. The mattress could use a professional cleaning once in a while, but even a DIY one can do it.
- Vacuum thoroughly – Bed bugs may also hide in the corner of the home or through rugs, so make sure you vacuum your house at least once a week on all your surfaces, including under the beds and furniture! If you suspect you may have an infestation, throw away the vacuum bag after you’re done to make sure the bugs don’t escape back into your home.
- Get professional cleaning services – It doesn’t hurt to have your entire home deep-cleaned by a team of professionals. This way, your home is not only clean, but you’ll also effectively ensure it’s bed bug-free! If you think your home may already be dealing with a bed bug issue, you should contact a team experienced with getting rid of pests, not just regular cleaning services.
We Can Help!
If your New Jersey home is filled with these annoying little pests, we can help you get rid of them safely, once and for all. Contact our team at B & D Pest Solutions LLC now to find out more about our bed bugs removal services, and let’s start making your home pest-free for good!
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.