Bed bugs get their name because they like living in your bed; however, it’s not the only place they like to hide.
Because of their name, many people believe bed bugs will gather around your home’s bed and start to attack and bite you in moments where all you want is to rest and go to sleep. While yes, it is common for these pests to hide in your bed, it’s not the only place where they can be found.
Watch out for these 7 unusual places bed bugs will hide in your home, and call B & D Pest Solutions LLC for help to get these pests removed.
- Purses and Luggage – Bed bugs are creatures of opportunity and will often enter a person’s home through purses or luggage. They can hide in the seams or pockets, and make their way out when you’re home, and place your bags on the floor to unpack.
- Stuffed Animals – If you have a lot of stuffed animals in your home and are dealing with an infestation, there’s a high chance these toys have been infested as well. Children take these toys anywhere around the home, which means there are plenty of opportunities for the bugs to hop on the toy and hop off anywhere in the home.
- Airplanes – Bed bugs can hide in airplane seats, carpets, or even vents. Then, they can get onto your clothes or in your luggage, in which case you bring them into your home without even knowing.
- School Buses – Similarly, bed bugs can also hide in school bus chairs and jump on your child’s backpack. When the child comes home and puts the backpack down in their room, the bed bugs make their move.
- Picture Frames – If you have picture frames near your bed, you can expect them to be hosting bed bugs as well. These creatures instinctively look for places to hide, especially places that you do not bother on occasion, such as the picture frame that sits there.
- Carpet – Especially if you have thick, fluffy rugs or carpets, if your home is infested with the pest, you can pretty much bet your savings they are gathering on the floors of your home as well! Vacuuming regularly is essential to ensuring any potential bugs are swept away from your carpets.
- Door Hinges – This seems like an unusual place for bed bugs to gather, but exterminators have found bed bugs in door hinges in severely infested homes. The problem is, if you decontaminate the rest of your house but forget to check the door hinges, your problems aren’t over yet.
Suspect a bed bug problem in your NJ home?
Because it is so hard to get rid of bed bugs, we highly recommend hiring a special service team to do this job. Using home remedies or over-the-counter solutions may get rid of some of the bugs, but you would have to use these methods continuously.
Just give us a call, and we will take care of the rest! Our NJ bed bug extermination services are designed to leave your home bed bug free and give you the peace of mind that will enable you to enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.