More is involved than responding to pest problems as they arise. It’s essential to take preventative measures to keep the building pest-free.
Multi-family residences and apartment buildings present unique challenges with regards to pest control for property owners. More is involved than responding to pest problems as they arise. It’s essential to take preventative measures to keep the building pest-free.
With many people coming and going from an apartment building, keeping track of exactly when and where pests are making their way in can be nearly impossible. That is why a pest management program, conducted throughout the year, is a better option.
To keep pests out all year long, it is better to enact regular pest management techniques throughout the year. This will keep your property from being a temptation for pests. Here are a few tips for property owners and managers.
- Consistently keep spaces clean – Almost all pests are opportunistic. If they can find food, water, and shelter, they’re happy, and they will move in. Pests are also persistent. They look often and will wait for the right circumstances. That’s why it’s important to keep your building clean consistently. Once in a while isn’t good enough. Following regular cleaning schedules is one of the best ways to distract pests.
- Prevent standing water – From bed bugs to ants, pests need water. It’s one of the first things they look for when searching for a new home. Keeping water and humidity to a minimum is critical to effective pest control.
- Bed bugs are everywhere – Bed bugs don’t care how clean or moisture-free your apartment building is; humans are their food. So if you have people living in a building, there is the potential for bed bugs. They don’t need scraps of food or crumbs to survive. They love living on mattresses, linens, and other furniture. Preventative measures are the best way to keep this pest from invading your building.
- Prevent cross-contamination – Eradicating pests can be very challenging. One reason for this is that one unit may have pests, and you get rid of those, only to realize they have gone over to the next unit. This can become a vicious circle. Therefore, it’s important to treat all apartments adjacent to the affected unit. The upfront cost for treating all units at once will likely be cheaper in the long run because you’re improving the odds of keeping your building pest-free.
- Ensure your tenants are on the same page – Keep your residents well-informed about the right way to prevent a pest infestation. Keep them on the same page by communicating with them and encouraging them to communicate with you about pest issues. Building trust can drastically reduce the likelihood of having a serious infestation.
Contact B & D Pest Control Today
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC in NJ today—we will get rid of your bed bug infestation with safe and minimal use of chemicals. Because of the proximity of humans to the infested areas, we take extra precautions to avoid any toxicity or allergies developing in your tenants. We work with apartment building owners, managers, and any other on-site staff to provide exceptional pest control solutions.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.