The more heavily populated an area, the more likely the people living in that area will experience a pest problem at some point.
Rural and urban communities both experience pests problems. Pest problems occur wherever people live, play, and work. Therefore, the term “urban” is not meant to imply that these pests are only found in cities. However, the more heavily populated an area, the more likely the people living in that area will experience a pest problem at some point.
At B & D Pest Solutions LLC, we provide end to end exterminator, pest control, and management services for residential, commercial, industrial, and government locations throughout New Jersey & Connecticut. Our technicians will devise service plans backed by science and solid technical knowledge to ensure complete year-round protection.
Urban Pest Prevention
All pests need a food and water source plus shelter. The best way to control pests is to take preventative steps to keep them from entering your home or business in the first place. Some basic pest prevention steps include:
- Eliminate food – If food isn’t easily accessible, it won’t be a temptation source. Keep food stored in hard, reusable containers with an airtight lid. This includes pet food. Keep trash in a can with a cover that fits tightly and take it out regularly. Also, clean or vacuum up crumbs and spills and don’t let food sit out.
- Eliminate water – Fix leaks and dripping pipes. If areas in or around your home collect water when it rains, don’t let standing water accumulate. Reduce humidity in basements and other areas of the house where moisture can collect, such as in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Eliminate shelter – Pests love clutter, boxes, woodpiles, and anything they can hide in. They are also opportunists; if they can get in, they will. Therefore, get rid of any clutter and seal all the cracks and crevices they can squeeze through. Also, don’t stack wood too close to your house and remove leaves, prune trees, and shrubs.
- Integrated pest management (IPM) – This is a safe and economical way to control pests. IPM is preventative pest control. Integrated pest management strategies put measures in place so that your home isn’t an inviting place for pests.
Common Urban Pests
While urban areas can have many different types of pests, there are a few that really love city life in areas like Jersey City and other cities in New Jersey and Conneticut. These include:
- Bed bugs
- Cockroaches – Oriental, German, and American
- Ants – Pavement and Carpenter
They all can infest any space, carrying and spreading diseases and illnesses at any time of the year, thus posing a serious risk to humans living in the vicinity. Often in search of food, water, and a comfortable habitat, these pests can become a year-round pain.
Pest Control & Exterminator Services
At B & D Pest Control, we strive to keep your space free from pests with innovative treatments, expertise, and acute legislation knowledge. With no bugs and pests to worry about, your home will be pest-free, thanks to the best Pest Control Services in NJ.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.