Ants spread quickly and are very difficult to control without the assistance of professional ant exterminators.
If you’re a manager or business owner, you likely understand the risks that rats, roaches, and rodents can have on your business. But one pest that is commonly overlooked is the ant. However, these tiny pests can wreak havoc on your business in many costly ways. B & D Pest Solutions LLC is equipped to exterminate and prevent ants in your NJ business.
Damaged Caused By Ants
Ants are prevalent and are a dreaded problem for homeowners and business owners alike. They can be found almost anywhere and are often destructive to property and food. Ants spread quickly and are very difficult to control without the assistance of professional ant exterminators.
Some of the most common ways ants can negatively impact a business include:
- Damage stock and equipment – If ants get into food supplies, they can pose a serious problem, especially when they begin to breed and multiply. Depending on where they build their nests, they can damage property, structures, equipment, and appliances.
- Risks to humans – Depending on the type of ant, ant bites can be painful, and some are allergic to their bite. Ants can also carry and spread bacteria, including Salmonella. These health risks can affect not only your customers but also your staff.
- Ant infestations – Ants are highly sophisticated insects and can therefore become a serious problem within a relatively short period of time. They bread very quickly, leading to large, uncontrolled colonies.
Types of Ants
There are thousands of species of ants, however, there are four that are most commonly found in NJ homes and businesses:
- Red imported fire ants: These small ants cause a painful bite. They build large mounds in the ground around homes.
- Carpenter ants: These usually are five inches long, and as the name suggests, they can be found burrowed in damp wood where they build their nest.
- Pavement ants: These ants are typically found living inside the cracks in your driveway, foundation, or concrete patio.
- Pharaoh ants: Commonly found in restaurants, hospitals, and apartment buildings, these ants can transmit infectious diseases such as staph.
Professional Ant Exterminators in NJ
An ant infestation requires a multi-dimensional extermination approach. While there may be hundreds of ants visible, there may be thousands of others waiting in a nest outside the home. Our exterminators not only destroy the visible ants, but we also track the colonies back to their nest and then take out the reserves with them. The idea is to eradicate the problem from the root.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.