Sooner or later, every business will face a pest problem of some sort. A manager needs to react quickly and decisively to get the problem under control.
As a manger, you will likely face a pest problem in your business at some point. Whether you spot the pests yourself, or you hear about them from your employees or customers, it is essential to know how to respond and what steps you need to take.
If you are a manager, here are some tips you should follow to manage a pest-free business environment:
- Do Not Delay – When a pest problem is spotted or reported, do not delay in getting the issue addressed. It is likely that by the time the pests are sighted, there is already an infestation. Pests are unsightly, cause property damage, and most of them can spread disease. The quicker you get a commercial pest control company involved, the better!
- Do Not Be Defensive – When customers or clients notice pests in your establishment, they may have questions about the cleanliness and quality of the business, and rightly so. Employees may be concerned about their safety in their work environment. Therefore, instead of being on the defense, assure those who are reporting the sightings that you take the problem very seriously. As a manager, show sincere concern and take immediate steps to address the problem.
- Follow the Health Code Guidelines – If your facility or business is subject to regulatory and health code guidelines, work with your legal advisor to make sure you understand what is expected for compliance.
- Document the Problem – As soon as a pest problem is detected, take photos and detailed notes. Write down exactly where the pests were seen, how many were reported, and make sure to include the time, date, and any other information you think may be pertinent. If you have not seen the pests yourself, get a report of the size, color, shape, and other details to help the pest control professional correctly identify the pest. Also, make notes about any particular circumstances such as increased activity when the weather changes, structural changes to the building, or past pests problems.
- Call a Pest Control Professional – When pests are sighted, it is crucial for business owners and managers to take such reports seriously, show concern, responsiveness, and a commitment to resolving the problem. Also, already having a relationship established with a pest control company can prevent pests issues before they begin!
At B & D Pest Solutions LLC, you will find the answer to all your pest control needs. With customized services created by highly trained pest management technicians, you can expect the best pest protection. Our technicians will devise service plans that will be backed by science and solid technical knowledge to ensure complete year-round protection.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.