If mice have already entered your home and started running around, then you need a professional to take care of this problem for good.
Rodent season is right around the corner, which makes many homeowners in New Jersey understandably worried. Whether it’s mice, rats, or other types of rodents, these creatures start looking for warm places to hide from the cold weather. Here’s what you need to know about it and how to protect your home.
When Rodent Season Starts
Rodent season, or the time of the year rodents start looking at your house as a convenient new home for them, starts right as cooler weather begins to set. Not all mice carry diseases, but many do, so having a home infested with them is a big health concern.
Not only that, but they can also create major damages to your home by chewing wires, leaving excrement all around the basement or attic, and even tearing walls in your home. This season can begin around late September to October.
The only solace is that, once spring comes around and it gets warmer, the rodents will go back outside for the most part. Still, no homeowner wants to cohabitate with these pests for even a day, let alone a few months.
How to Prevent Rodents from Coming Into Your Home
Here are a few mice-proofing tips:
- Get rid of any clutter – clutter offers the perfect hiding spot for mice and other rodents, and they may go unnoticed for a long time this way.
- Be on the lookout – when you remove the clutter, it’s also easier to monitor certain spaces that are usual attractions for vermin, like basements or attics. Look for excrements, chewed wires, tiny holes, or any other proof you may have an infestation.
- Don’t leave food around your home – this is an invitation for a feast. Try to deposit your foods in airtight containers to prevent any smells from getting out and telling mice it is mealtime.
- Seal your cracks – cracks and crevices are common ways mice get into your home, so you need to seal them off to make your house impenetrable.
- Use a repellent or a natural remedy – this way, even if the mice get close, the smell may repulse them and prevent them from getting inside! You can buy chemical ones or opt for natural ones like peppermint oil, ammonia, cloves, or pepper.
What If Your House is Already Infested?
If you’re late to the rodent season, and these pests have already entered your home and started running around, then you need a professional to take care of this problem for good and ensure these pests do not damage your home or put the health of you and your family at risk.
B & D Pest Solutions LLC is the NJ pest control specialist who can safely take care of your mice infestation problem. Get in touch with us now to find out more about our services, and let’s get to work.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.