Even if you get rid of the mice in your home, they can come back unless you mouse-proof it.
Whether you are in the middle of a battle against mice or want to prevent a future infestation, mice-proofing is essential to protecting your home. If your home has easy access to food and shelter, mice will continue to find a way in.
However, by storing things that attract them, sanitizing your outdoor and indoor spaces, as well as sealing off access points to your home, you can reduce or eliminate mice infestations.
At B & D Pest Solutions, our mice-proofing team can keep your home mouse-free for good!
How to Protect Your Home
Mice like to build their nests in the place they choose to live, and they will chew through almost anything to use as material to build that nest. This includes wood, wires, cables, furniture, and even insulation. Mice also need a food source and will eat just about anything they can find. Since they eat around 15 to 20 times per day, they typically build their nests near places with access to food.
So, how can you protect your home from mice? You have to eliminate the conditions that invite mice into your home and eliminate anything that would make them want to stay. Some of the things that can be done include:
- Seal storage items to prevent nesting.
- Store pet food, dry food, and birdseed in metal or plastic containers.
- Avoid storing cardboard boxes that can be used as a nest.
- Keep garbage cans covered.
- Clean areas that commonly have crumbs, such as under the stove and refrigerator.
- Regularly sanitize countertops and avoid leaving food out, especially overnight.
Even if you take all of these precautions, mice can still be a problem unless you seal off all entry points. One of the best ways to control mice is to make it impossible for them to gain entry into your home. But this can be difficult because mice can squeeze through tiny spaces. Therefore, it is essential to:
- Repair or plug all gaps and cracks in the basement, foundation, walls, etc.
- Seal any cracks or gaps around windows and doors.
- Caulk holes or gaps around pipes.
- Cover up any open insulation that mice can use for building their nest.
How Can B & D Pest Solutions Help?
Mice are incredibly tenacious and clever, so it’s important to go the extra mile when mouse-proofing your home. We know all about mouse behavior and the many ways they can get into a home. Our team can seal your home shut and keep these pesky rodents from damaging your home and threatening your health for good!
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.