Why should you hire a pest and rodent control expert immediately if you notice squirrels in your attic?
Squirrels are cute and all, but they can be destructive and a nuisance. While seeing one or two squirrels run around your yard is not usually a reason to panic, the problem becomes serious once they invade your attic. Why should you hire a pest and rodent control expert immediately if you notice squirrels in your attic?
How Can You Tell There Are Squirrels in Your Attic?
Below are some of the signs homeowners should look out for:
- Evidence of squirrels jumping from the roof
- An increased incidence of squirrel droppings
- An increased number of squirrel nests on tree trunks
What Dangers Can Squirrels Pose to Your Home?
- They’ll Damage Your Valuable Items – Squirrels can chew almost anything, including boxes, ceilings, and joists. Seeing them in your attic should cause an alarm as they are likely to cause a lot of damage. This is especially true when your attic is used to store valuable items such as pictures, electronics, and important documents. Once squirrels get into your attic, they will not only chew and destroy your valuable items but also soil them.
- They’ll Weaken Your Roof Structure – Sneaky animals such as squirrels cause damage mostly by boring holes in the exterior of the attic. Unfortunately, all the chewing and boring will eventually weaken your roof’s structure and make it susceptible to water damage. It is, therefore, important to come up with a timely plan to eradicate the squirrels. If you don’t get rid of them, they will multiply and cause irreparable damage.
- They’ll Ruin Your Home’s Appearance – Squirrels can get into your home from anywhere. This means that they might gnaw some part of your home’s walls to find their way inside. As a result, your walls will be damaged, and your home will be more vulnerable to water damage or flooding. To avoid further destruction to your home’s appearance, call a pest and rodent control professional when you notice a squirrel invasion.
- Bad Odor – The bad smell from squirrel urine and fecal droppings can engulf your house, making it unlivable. The odor can also cause respiratory problems, which can be expensive to treat. Reach out to a trusted pest control professional to ensure all the squirrels in your attic are removed completely and in a humane way.
Let Professionals Handle Your Pest or Rodent Problem
Don’t try to remove the squirrels yourself. Although they don’t typically bite, they can be dangerous when they feel cornered or attacked. In addition, handling squirrels yourself can be risky, especially because you don’t have the required skills to do the job right. Instead, reach out to a trusted pest control team to help you handle your squirrel problem safely and properly.
Contact B & D Pest Solutions LLC
Are you dealing with a squirrel invasion? B & D Pest Solutions is here to help. We have a record of successfully dealing with all types of rodents, including squirrels. Our experts are well-armed to help you fix any rodent problem you may be dealing with. We combine knowledge, experience, and proper tools to remove rodents safely and efficiently. Contact us today for more details.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.