When getting ready to move into a new home, keep in mind that the old homeowners may have left behind some unwanted guests. Mice, ants, spiders, and other pests have no place in your new home.
There are so many factors that you have to consider when moving into a new home. Most people are focused on changing their address and school and getting the utilities set up. But when moving into a new house, some pest control tips can save you from dealing with a larger problem later on down the road.
Pest Proofing Your New Home
When getting ready to move into a new home, keep in mind that the old homeowners may have left behind some unwanted guests. Mice, ants, spiders, and other pests have no place in your new home. So before you move in, it’s best to take steps to pest-proof. Enlisting the help of a professional pest control service to take care of any pests problems before moving day makes your move that much better.
However, there are a few other tips that can keep unwanted pests and critters from moving in too. Some of these include:
- Clean really well – many types of pests love dirty corners and dingy basements. Therefore, thoroughly cleaning every little corner of your new home, including the basement, will drastically eliminate pest issues before you move in.
- Seal any possible entry points – Pests become a problem only when they can enter your home. Therefore, seal and caulk all cracks, holes, and crevices where bugs and rodents can easily enter. Use wire mesh sheeting to seal any rodent holes and synthetic caulking for any cracks around the plumbing.
- Clean the yard – Mice, snakes, and other pests like woodpiles, yard debris, and overgrown gardens. Clear away any debris around the foundation of your new home, move woodpiles as far away as you possibly can, and clean up under the deck to eliminate hiding places that pests may find convenient.
- Fix roof and attic entryways – Many pests, particularly squirrels, like to find their way into an attic through vents and gaps along the roofline. They won’t hesitate to make a small hole bigger. Therefore, ensure that the shingling is intact and that all vents are blocked with wire mesh. Also, make sure you have a chimney cap to keep birds and squirrels from nesting in your chimney.
- Hire a pest control company – Before all of your furniture and boxes are moved into your new home, enlist the services of a professional pest control company. They can ensure that there are no unwanted house guests, and they can easily point out potential problem areas before they lead to a full-on infestation.
At B & D Pest Solutions LLC, you will find the answer to all your pest control needs. With customized services created by highly trained pest management technicians, you can expect the best pest protection. Our technicians will devise service plans that will be backed by science and solid technical knowledge to ensure complete year-round protection.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.