When the temperature outside drops, many pests look for a place to wait out the winter, an ideal place may be your basement or attic.
When our cold winter weather arrives, we look for warm places indoors. Unfortunately, so do certain types of pests. When the temperature outside drops, many pests look for a place to wait out the winter, an ideal place may be your basement or attic. Therefore, if you want to protect your property from unwanted guests, B & D Pest Solutions LLC can help!
Common Winter Pests to Look For
- Rats – Rats can easily slip into your home, looking for a warm place to find shelter and food. They typically make their nests in basements and other dark areas to find cozy places to live. These invaders can fit through incredibly small openings and are known to cause damage to walls and electrical wires. They can also carry diseases that can make family members sick.
- Wildlife – Not all pests are just indoor problems. Certain wildlife can cause damage when searching for shelter or food. Raccoons and possums can get inside a home through open doors, chimneys, or may hide out under a porch. While they are waiting out the cold weather, they end up chewing through insulation, wires or die in out-of-reach areas.
- Ants – They don’t only show up during summer picnics. Ants can sneak into a home through cracks and holes while looking for food. Many of them are content to be outside when it’s warm, but once temperatures begin to drop, your home is a much more comfortable place. Ants are colony insects, which means if you spot one, there are probably many more searching for food and shelter.
- Stink bugs – These little bugs are a lot like ladybugs and beetles. They aren’t harmful, but they search for warm places to survive during the winter and can become a nuisance in your home. And, as their name suggests, they emit an unpleasant odor when crushed, which can be an annoying problem to deal with.
- Spiders – Spiders will invade a home any time of the year, but during the winter months, more dangerous types of spiders may seek refuge inside your home. Spiders such as the brown recluse and black widows like to hide in low-traffic, dark places like basements, attics, and storage areas.
- Mice – Mice can enter a home through very tiny openings. They search for a place to nest in secluded, dark areas. They can cause a large amount of property damage by chewing on wires, insulation, and drywall. They can also cause illness by contaminating food sources.
Protect Your Home this Winter
At B & D Pest Solutions LLC, you will find the answer to all your pest control needs. With customized services created by highly trained pest management technicians, you can expect the best pest protection. Our technicians will devise service plans that will be backed by science and solid technical knowledge to ensure complete year-round protection.
Call B & D Pest Solutions LLC Today
Schedule a one-time appointment with no hidden follow-up fees.